MUNICIPALITY OF MILIĆI
The Milići municipality existed within the composition of Vlasenica srez (county, district) in the period from 1945 until 1962 when, due to the administrative reorganization conducted in BiH, it was transferred into the local community within the Vlasenica municipality. It was reestablished in 1992, based on the Law on establishment of Milići municipality.
Geographical Position [Top]
The Milići municipality is located in the northeastern part of BiH, covers the area of 285 km² of mountain terrain, along a part of main road Belgrade - Sarajevo, at the mouth of the rivers of Zeleni Jadar and Studeni Jadar, about 100 km northeast from Sarajevo.
Road network is well developed in Milići. It consists of 142 km of local roads, about 100 km of non-categorized roads, 22 km of regional roads and 17 km of main (highway) roads.
All of 72 settlements within the municipality are covered with electricity supply and distribution network, as well as with rather good telephone cable network and in some villages CLL was installed.
Potable water supply and distribution system is rather satisfactory, and its lenght is 6.500 m. The distribution pipelines consists of ACC DN 250 mm and PE pipelines DN 300 mm. Capacity of the water reservoir is 2 x 500 m³, and capacity of the spring is 150 liters/sec.
Spatial plans for the area of Milići municipality are in the preparation process.
Investment locations [Top]
Milići Municipality issued a decision on the establishment of industrial zones. Current activities are aiming to resolve property rights issues, development of a regulatory plan, feasibility studies, preparation of project designs, as well as the arrangement of the industrial zone that is the complete development of infrastructure.